Monday, July 30, 2018

Extracting Info From Online Dating

A successful, attractive, and intelligent lady supposedly wanted to give it a chance with me through online dating, which I'm not too fond of anymore. It's a lot of writing- that's for sure. Some of her messages of late haven't made me really feel that much of a connection with her and it felt like she was being a little egotistical and having trouble letting go of something that hurt her in the past. She didn't reveal it to me, but I suppose if she responded back to me and tried to put her best foot forward but I ended up responding like a blogging blob then yeah, I'm going to lose my chances of being a prospect to her. She asked for this link to this blog and I was like oh man, I'll be honest and share only the people's favorites on here. It was accidental that the link from the title of my post also went through. It was late night and I forgot that e-mails can do that to you, so it really took some funk out of me in responding honestly with some interesting stuff. I had to explain myself and clearly I did to my own personal gratification with her possibly not wanting to get it!

I don't think she's going to mind me putting her in a honest light that highlights good things about her. Even if I decided to criticize her, if I put down the facts I'm sure it would be something for her to quietly dismiss or argue to justify herself without me knowing anything about it. I guess this is what you would call staying polite and something like 99.9% of the people I ever came across would do! She mentioned her ex being a cheater and I think it plays a large role with how she wants to choose her partner to settle down with. She says she doesn't care about materialistic values and I think it's commendable, so maybe a charming smart guy with great manners and able to naturally focus his willpower to love her all he can will be the right guy for her. She might not even notice the one which is probably hard for anyone in her situation or think the guy is just someone to be friends with because she doesn't feel any chemistry. Overall, we're living in an imperfect world and it isn't set up like a well-written romantic drama; they are only things to dream about or to allow ourselves to be entertained by.

Realistically thinking, I believe she's a very busy person and probably became a little mad when I mentioned I have a decent amount of female friends and how I believe one of them likes me back but  I think it's normal while she's dating other guys, so I put it in a way that said I'm willing to give ourselves a chance by starting out as friends. Is it because I'm making her feel like I'm only interested with just being a friend that she would rather spend her time finding a great guy who wants to be with her? I also told her about the lady friend I like being busy, so I don't find myself interested in pursuing her. Maybe this fine lady who supposedly messaged me back isn't even real- oh well, it was fun just being myself. I'll take it as a learning experience and it was wonderful to make a few inappropriate mistakes from writing to her. I think I accidentally turned her off by writing a long e-mail and the software sending it in small text. It might have been so laughable too!

Thinking back on this with my slight poker reading skills, she clued me in by saying that she hates dishonest people. Why be a hater when she said she always cares about thinking the glass is half full? I think she's a little full of herself but a lot of ladies can be like this, so I have to put up with it in my own partner if I ever marry a beautiful lady. I think she's not sure if the facts I put down are absolute and she was feeling good about me in her initial messages and even agreed with me and said "Yeah, I want to hang out. I'll let you know." I also mentioned my status of being an extrovert along with being a testosterone-driven guy- maybe it's a little too much for her to handle. In addition, I have lady friends too so she could be like the newcomer and feel unwelcome if anyone of them doesn't like her and she wouldn't want that pressure initially so maybe I should have held off on revealing that information to her if I really wanted to give ourselves a chance.

I guess with this whole dating and revealing honesty part the more honest and true to yourself the better; but sometimes you may notice your potential date having issues with certain types of people which is more often going to be a part of ladies. If a guy likes her then maybe it's better off to hold off on a few details just to give it a chance with only her and himself. It's not being dishonest- there is after all the most important and honest truth involved which makes the girl feel good about herself. The man wants to be with the woman who also likes him back.