Monday, July 2, 2018

Researching Prowess

One of the things I lacked in the past was my knack for googling about stuff I wanted to know more about. It's probably because I was fed up with reading and had like reader's block whenever I sat there. I would just stress out and have so much anxiety because I wanted to take in everything in the quickest amount of time possible. I would sit there for four hours one page while studying Physics in my college years and I still didn't get it! My reading comprehension was that bad, so how did I get better? It took patience, learning to relax, and practice while reading up on things that interested me.

I felt this sense of agony in the past whenever I tried to read and I would get a headache. I couldn't even tell what I was writing on this blog either and totally ignored everything I wrote and just not get what I even wrote for myself! It all started coming together when I just sat there through the pains and boredom of having to read and reread the same thing over again. It doesn't bother me to do this anymore so much, but it used to from being like a hassle.

What got me reading were those catchy articles like "Top 10 Reasons" that some websites post to draw in reading victims. I became one of them and was hooked for awhile and just started reading and getting what they were talking about one day. It just came together and just happened. It's like meeting a girl and she ends up liking you and asking you out. I don't know how but it happened for me!

Now, I don't feel so pained to read up on what other people shared on the Internet. Of course, there's also YouTube for those who can't stand text. I have found that it's quite faster to look through text rather than try to pay attention to other YouTubers. I find myself zoning out unless the video is about an entertaining subject or the girl in it happens to be good looking! I guess it's all from being a natural and some just don't have those natural good looks that could help them settle with another gorgeous person. I'm just one of those born to sit in the sidelines when it comes to my looks and I've learned to accept it while continuing to work on myself. It's only because I'm short and not that successful compared to the top. It will drive you mad to compete for the top spot, so might as well just not care about being so short and let people think whatever they want because it's their own thinking, even if I disagree with it. I tend to scare away those type of negative people anyway so I might as well keep myself at peace and just accept the situation and find a good solution to work on while letting stuff just go which might not be that serious.