Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Using Imagination For Productivity

I think concentration for a fun activity increases when you are having fun doing it! In a likewise manner, I guess trying to sit at the computer and listen to the same yapping from the boss everyday can become rather dull. From doing a little reading on how to read faster and have better memory, the findings state that to do better at it one needs to have a fun imagination for associating all those details with. What's cool is that I still remember part of a trivial list I memorized for practice last week with this technique.

The author states it's like imagining yourself on a journey with the details working together in anyway you would like to; the crazier the imagination the better. I incorporate a lot of uh huh into my imagination and it never gets dull. It's better than trying to watch that stuff on my computer. I think it's all about practicing with the new habit because without it a person isn't going to make any improvements. The hard part is that it might not be too easy in the beginning, but it's like going to the gym and working out. It's something a person does I guess because he or she wants to. It all needs to be rooted in having the desire to do so and being committed to it.

Just having the desire and commitment won't be enough because without the right direction it's just glorious fluff! For example, this is going to sound obscene so bear with me- a friend's brother thinks he's the bomb because he spent all this time lifting heavy weights. He's very chubby right now and looks out of shape and still manages to tell himself that he's the best out there because he spent all that effort to improve himself. It's going nowhere my friends and I think people leave him alone because they think it's funny or he's just nice to them by staying quiet. For him, I believe in the saying "Silence is golden!"