Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Subduing the Spiritual Enemy

In Christian terms, I was able to agree with a pastor I listened to on the radio while driving to work this morning and trying to skip the traffic by cheating and entering the carpool lane, yes I know I'm bad for doing this and it's awesome to be barely on time for work at the same time! What I agreed with the pastor is that there are three main things the Bible refers to when it talks about the enemy. There are also some other verses too that could be referring to other warring nations of Israel in the Old Testament as well, but in spiritual context, it's the systematically scheming world, the flesh which is our sinful nature, and Satan.

One of the things I'm on the hot seat about with my flesh is that I like to not pay attention to things around me when it's "Me time" and just wander off into something else that might not have anything to do with God. It could be that I'm experiencing minor traumatic stress from imagining or remembering a certain person, event, or thing that I'm worrying about.

I guess it's good then to have a female attractive buddy who I hang out with often nabbing at me for all the little things I do wrong! It gets so annoying that she points it out at times and her brother just started laughing and being dismissive when I complained to him about her well-intended behavior. Anyhow, she's still a potential prospect that I could end up pursuing. I feel like I'm connecting with something I tend to struggle with- it's keeping in focus with all the little details and being aware of how all of it works together at the same time to construct the general purpose and relates to how I'm living.