Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Finding Stability With Earnings

It looks like with me having a deeper interest in software engineering and having worked as a software developer so far, I can now go for making more money from creating something on the side. I don't think too many of my college friends have this similar level of interest that I do. I'm going to have to go out of my way to find some suitable colleagues eventually if I need help. I don't really want to work with one of them either who suggested this app idea for making money. It's like his dream project I think, but I don't really want to put in the work because I would be one of the main guys doing most of the developing. It would need to be him, but he lacks so much in developing skills and also some personal confidence in it. I just can't do this favor for him right now. I'm working on my own things. Actually, he is a people's person and can do the managing side with the right amount of talent, but I just don't feel like working for him as my boss.

I want to be the ideal boss. I want to be like a Steve Jobs type of person, who knows everything about the business from top to bottom and can even complete the work by himself and is very successful and efficient at all those things as well. This friend of mine just doesn't have the technical skillset I admire, and I don't think he has even tried to learn more over these past years. I guess since he now is married and his wife is expecting to raise a cute family; he's not really going to have time to mess around like he used to and put himself to work to get paid more. I think he envies my position right now, but not where I'm at. It's where I could be that I need to work on for myself and then just mindfully getting things done while not being phased by what others think and keeping that going.