Thursday, May 23, 2019

Knowing What It Is To Be Truly Happy

"What if you don't know what you want to be happy?" is a question that I have been asked a couple times by friends. It's pretty bothersome to me and annoying to answer because I know what I'm looking for to be happy. I pretty much told them you need to take the time to figure out yourself and go soul searching. You can use the Internet these days for resources and type in anything random to find something that will bring satisfaction. I think those friends end up not searching and one of them keeps on looking at Instagram photos of hot people and the other will go on YouTube to watch videos that are strange but interesting theories of how life began. The key thing is that it's about putting in the effort and there's no easy way around it.

Without having this effort to strive after something that a person values, it's impossible to be truly happy. It's really all this hard work and determination to get there and the ones who do get to the top are going to be received by some jealous people. It's so joyful to have this passion and to combine it with so much heart and consistency to be without any errors. Being surrounded by a group with the same interest and working as a team makes it so much better. This is why I think watching professional sports can be so fun because they are competing every year for a championship.

One of my friends ends up being overwhelmed with life and fails to progress very often. I think he is a lazy guy who will only make excuses and be really stubborn about it in that he really is making the effort to live but isn't going to be happy. He's stuck in a pattern of thinking that is detrimental for inter-personal relationships. He will try to be a good guy at times though because he's depressed and wants to be the center of attention with friends, but he just doesn't get it and refuses to put in the effort. He's pretty unlucky because those things don't really interest him and he's about holding onto the little things that keep on reminding him of happiness. He's pretty much a naturally born loser and so I find him to be annoying!

To summarize on what it takes to know happiness, it takes effort and there's really no short cut. In a way, it makes sense with how life is and being an intelligent creature with emotions which I believe has been created to match the likeness of God. I'm not alone in this belief, so I will keep being crazy from trying to stay loving with everyone even with the annoying and stupid ones. I think the best way to show this is to try to be friendly even if I want to go off on them and when I do, just be honest about it.