Thursday, May 16, 2019

Understanding How I Tick

It feels like I'm blessed from having a decent mind that remembers all my mistakes from constantly doing the same actions and then putting in the effort to fix some, noticeable problems to make myself happy again.  I'm realizing now that I really favor earning passive income and to get there, it requires a lot of hard work and picking things that are interesting to invest in! It's like a few failures could be waiting to happen and hurt so much, so why risk it and go enjoy life. I'm not one of those common people with that mentality. I don't want to be at an office or earning money while doing something that bores me to death sometimes from doing the same job.

Regardless of where I try to end up for making a living, it's still going to be hard work to come up on top, so it would make the most sense to do something that is satisfying. I don't think people really think so much about it sometimes from the amount of stress it causes and also from just hoping away while searching and letting themselves be taken away to whatever is offered and just settling with something that's good enough. I mean all these things are great but I prefer to settle with good-enough, passive income.

It looks like I'll be joining the ranks of some scary competition. I'm sure a lot of people want to earn money in their sleep. It's probably even a concept that has been long given up on from just settling with a day job and making time for things that matter. Mostly looking at my dad, he's at his office six days a week which takes up half of his life and then after work, he ends up being a couch potato and occasional golf with his moments of being an annoying guy who yells and argues about things that bother him.

On my end, my dad doesn't like to argue with me when he's mad. My mom doesn't like to argue with me either. No one really, when it comes to serious things that I'm totally locked into. I'm pretty set on my mind and path and it's considerably admirable. I'm starting to understand why I hate watching TV and playing poker so much sometimes. It's because for my personality, I don't want to waste time when I could give it for doing something better and also since it's my free time, I want to maximize my earnings from doing things that will lead to me gaining so much passive income. It's like I have to go for being creative and on a whim sometimes and hoping it catches on with a decent following.

Therefore, my plans for doing software engineering and beyond is basically just to potentially earn more money. It's flat out that simple and it offers me confidence of developing a platform that would make me passive income. I can be more competitive in a less-threatening and more profitable market. I can think outside the box all I want to and go searching for exciting things that are right under our noses. There's so much out there to go looking for.

I have done really well with my pledges so far. It's been tempting to go off of them so I don't want to overload with any more. I want to complete my two main pledges before adding on more. They are really important to me, but I have been fighting one of them a lot because it goes against my foolish nature. It's forcing me to be clever and come up on top from hard work. I guess that's great!