Friday, July 19, 2019

Identifying Passions

I have been so inspired lately and now I'm going to share what I think is the best way for obtaining all the heart's desires. This is something that I am going to try practicing for myself to see if it works, so I'm not looking for any guinea pigs out of the readers here because I'll be my own preacher practicing what he's preaching!

First off, you really have to identify what you seriously want and can't be half-hearted about it. One of my half-hearted activities is playing online poker for money and not looking to win anything. If I win from usually outsmarting my opponent then it's great; otherwise, it won't be fun losing to them after they get their lucky draw. Still, it's pretty funny to have like a 99% chance of winning on the turn and then they get their miracle card on the river. I guess it's entertainment for me then because I don't expect to win with even that high of a percentage. I don't believe in any heart-of-the-cards nonsense but in poker, as long as you can lose, you can be sure that it will happen at some point and that's going to be any time the opponent can draw something. However, it won't happen as much so the right decision would be to play on and always call their all-in shoves! It's entertaining to win a little money and then all about being a sourpuss to start hating the game of poker after losing to a lucky opponent.

With what you want in life, it's something that needs to have that passion which just pops up everywhere. Even if I'm programming in an outdated language and it's a lame task dealing with my job, I still feel the passion man! I love coding and seeing how the program runs and letting it do its thing on autopilot while following some algorithms I came up with. I am definitely meant to earn money while being a software developer and that's what I'm doing in most cases at my job. 

I'm also feeling really passionate about game development. It's just cool to be a failure even and stress out about it not working for me. It's probably not so much for a lot of other people, but it's different for me. Overall, software developing is enjoyable for me and something I'm grateful for making a living off of. Another thing I'm diving into now is investing and this means earning passive income.

There are also side activities for getting to the main goal and some goals that are just plain overwhelming but it's something that you would have to be inspired to do. Those are hard to stay motivated for so I guess it just comes down to setting a personal deadline and doing the best one can. It took me this long to talk about what I'm going to do about for dealing with all my passions. It needs to be about commitment and making a promise to do them with yourself by a set time like in one day maybe. I'm going to try it out and see where it takes me. The final push is about making the effort and doing the best you can.