Friday, August 23, 2019

Making More Small Fixes

From yesterday, I realize that I'm a very stubborn person who can stay fixated at one point and keep on being there no matter what happens to me. It's the very definition of being stubborn but it can be bad for me because I'm fixated on just having fun a lot, while neglecting work. After all, I think the only thing I really have to work on is pushing myself to get started and keep my mind off of distractions because I don't seem to have too much trouble sticking with it once I'm getting going.

A problem with being stubborn arises in that it's hard to drop silly altercations sometimes. Situations with others can escalate if a person doesn't know what he's doing. This happened to me a little too many times, and I wish I could run those back to be more smooth about it but it's too late. I have to embrace it and move on. A few people were mentioning these small phrases, "Move on. Situation escalated. Have to be smooth." I honestly just didn't get it while being nice, and it drove most of them crazy. I'm being so heartless about it now because it's the past and I'm lucky that nothing really bad happened to me. I learned all of these new ranges of negative emotions and without them, I wouldn't know what makes a happy person in the first place.

In this sense of stressing out, I need to just continuously stick to where I want to go and work really hard to understand the situation while staying completely nice about it. I have the niceness part, but I just couldn't understand what drove them crazy back then. Nowadays, I have a really good opinion why they did and it's only because I can relax more from having actually won those battles. We all could use a little luck sometimes, and I definitely had enough to favor me in that sense to keep me alive and happy.