Thursday, June 25, 2020

Understand How to Work

I'm very lucky to have this software engineering job title. I can see how it gets looked down upon by a crazy manager at work but it doesn't really bother me. It's no doubt that I am pretty good at working with computers while being able to look up on things people are willing to share over the Internet. I even have a degree in it and felt guilty pleasure for the longest time because I was conflicted about dedicating my life to God with it.Yet, now I completely understand that enjoying this line of work is pretty much a fulfilling calling for me in this world and I can apply these skills to be a servant to the Lord. I will never be that knowledgeable about the Bible because I have a falling out with it. I believe that the Lord just cares about me believing in Christ dying on the cross for man's sins and accepting him into my heart for going to heaven. I know it's hard because it is emotional in a sense to some people because they like to add on you have to be a good person as well in their own eyes, but in the end the final judgement call belongs to the Lord. 

For my job in detail, I have a list that I'm going through for making my software run better for the company. It's pretty fun. I guess since this is a family business and even though I could work on myself for finding myself a better paying job with benefits, I plan on sticking around here and enjoying the down time I can be lucky with once it happens. With the down time, I'm going to work on completing my online courses for a mini-Masters in IT. During the meantime, I have a running list to complete that I'm treating like my chore and to keep me occupied while being lucky enough that I do enjoy this work and to get paid for it.