Sunday, November 8, 2020

Creating an Improved Present

I believe that one of my key advantages from having had this blog for a while is my ability to recall some problems and then write down clever solutions to make myself feel happy. Surely, making fun of people to get temporary laughs doesn't really get to the root of a bothersome issue. I've tried several times and only to allow myself to get more agitated! It just didn't work for me. 

What does work is having a positive mindset and being self-confident while being willing to put yourself through some difficulties and hold back negative feelings just because you want to be nice. I guess that's where I may be lucky in that I grew up to be a nice person and really selfish about being that way, so it's quite a bit easier for me to feel happy for myself over anything that I'm going through. It doesn't hurt as well from having studied really hard as a kid and getting straight A's several times. It's pretty cool when you have it together, even though I wasn't the very best at my school and really wanted to be. I guess you have to be inspired or just born with a natural talent to get there and I wasn't good enough. Still, I can be happy without being the best anymore and going for living a completely balanced and satisfying life.

I think the main trade off I have to consider is letting go of my binge watching sessions for living a more practical life. It could be that I'm stressed out after work that I want to relax though. I mean I think it's healthy to go for this approach and just plain weak mentally, if you stick to a feel-good habit for entertainment purposes and neglect self-improvement. Still, it is upon others to decide how they utilize their time and they are being crazy and unworthy people if they ever feel envious of others compared to their lack of success. 

Thinking about a friend I'm avoiding, he is a low-quality individual from saying things worth obtaining in life is too hard and not putting in any more effort that he should. Life is hard, but having a positive mindset does help a lot with putting in the hard work consistently. It's something you have to realize doing is the right thing eventually and won't know it without conducting safe experiments on yourself. Since he doesn't realize this while being stubborn about living however he wants to and thinking he's slightly better than anyone except Christ, he is an underachiever and feels like an undeserving person. 

He is someone who is better to not associate with anymore, but I will actively reach out to him once I've reached my personal goals. Thinking about it now, with him still willing to talk to me while having blocked my Facebook profile after making him so mad that made him think it was work-related and under stress, he does have a redeemable quality. Whether he feels envious of me or not and wants to ridicule me as a lucky person later on, he carved out his own path from how he wanted to think so he's going to be forced to deal with anything unwanted that happens. The same goes for me too, but I'll be a happier person from having worked hard enough to reach my goals and not let some negative feelings keep me from reaching it. This may be an inspired teaching from me that he might pick up on late in his life and try to pass down to his nieces or nephews.