Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Working at More Courage

I think I'm probably distracting myself heavily because I'm currently addicted to watching this anime series. It has its high and low points for having been a well-regarded series years ago and now completed after maybe over 500 episodes and a couple films. I'm able to binge watch a whole lot at once for free without having to do much waiting around anymore. It's really all fantasy but what's crazy is how a two-dimensionally drawn, animated character can be something you relate so well to and can then pretty much feel really weird right off the bat. 

These episodes have some heart and soul to it and even cause some fully grown young male adults to confess comically to tearing up after watching a few of them! They even talk about wanting a certain love interest to behave the same way they have a crush on with just an animated character! I guess that could sound reasonable in its own peculiar fashion. It is after all just for entertainment purposes, but some of the audience have a wide range of complicated issues they haven't sorted through yet. It really does cause some of the more open anime lovers to share what they are experiencing via the comment section. It's not that bad to read them actually. 

I think what I need to work on is being more determined, even when I'm feeling worn down and wanting to back away from putting in some more required work to achieve my goals at the end of the day. In a sense, I believe it's about exercising some courage because the aversion is sort of a fearful emotion I'm dealing with while leaving myself in a state of survival mode. The biggest thing is just being able to recognize it and what is beneficial about this post is that I'm writing it down so I could read it on a future date that's not too far along but enough time to still forget most of the details.