Monday, February 10, 2014

Career Options


From doing a little reading and checking up on my own personal style, I just can't be a poker player! I burned about $250 dollars on one night in hopes of turning a profit, and I did all this proper money management but the cards kept on backfiring on me! What they call it is a bad beat, where I would have the perfect setup with the best opportunity of earning the best, probable outcome but still according to this book I read, it's still a gamble where you might on average be a 7 to 3 favorite to win the hand.

Personally, I don't really want to sit there and watch cards anymore all day. I'm all washed up man from the bad beats and just being set up all the time. I don't want to gamble in that type of weird fashion anymore, no matter how solid I can manage to play. It's really the luck factor which really doesn't seem to work well with my own personal style. I gave it a shot and fell out of it. Now, it's time to face my focus on my other, opportunistic venues.

Where I see myself headed now is taking up a job as a network engineer and mastering a language my Asian parents speak and even getting paid to do it very well! On the side, I still run the risk of losing a lot of money, but I actually enjoy my uncanny style where I can just sit through ten minutes to enter some currency trades and then let it go for a whole night before repeating the process again. I really like this type of style and am still working at mastering it, but once I have it, my life might actually change for the better! I also have a career in mind of studying, while not really considering it a job but more of a volunteering opportunity which is learning to be physician's assistant and help out at a third world country or something like that on my spare time. Eventually, I am so motivated by my trading style that I believe it's going to bring me a large sum of spending money into my life. I just like having revealed information flowing through my finger tips to clue in on how a market is doing and also being able to read tried chart patterns that actually work!