Thursday, May 20, 2010

Response To North Korea Sinking Ship

I am basing my comments off this article. I think it's pretty much not a peaceful world out there yet. Whoever set it off in North Korea, it does not make their government look very good. The US has immediately given its pledge to punish them. The image gives off some markings on the torpedo which would identify it as a North Korean missile. The ship was also in the borderline of North Korean and South Korean territory and probably was just about to circle around. I think a lot of soldiers died from this conflict alone and that the North Korean government should be held responsible for the aggression.

It's inferred that the South and North Koreans are still at war and probably met themselves at a stalemate. I think it's cool that somehow they managed to make a neutral zone at the middle. The violent film about the Korean War, Tae Guk Ki, depicted some of the officers observing the Chinese Army advance into North Korean borders. In my opinion, it would have been a more bloody battle with outside interferences which probably was one of the reasons why the US withdraw its forces later.