Friday, December 20, 2013

Like A Spiritual Sodom And Gomorrah

Sodom and Gomorrah are two ancient cities based on the Bible where they both ended up becoming in ruins. The main characters of this Bible story were pretty much running away from the cities, while it was getting blown up into bits. The sad thing that happened was that the wife of the main dude Lot (interesting name) looked back at the city and then turned into a pillar of salt. Seems pretty messed up, along with adding to a crazy tale about his daughters.

Anyway, I'm not interested in what those cities represent to typical Bible students. I'm just looking at it from how what it reminds me of my situation. Basically, something very bad was going on in those two cities that made God judge that they had to be destroyed. In a way, I feel that the church that screwed me over has something bad going on there and despite there being a couple good people there, it isn't really going to thrive that well. I'm just going to go for a figurative run and just go far away from that church now without turning my head back now. I'm calling for a separating of ways- a separate peace, in other words.

I'm just going to abandon every thought I had going with that church now and just go do my thing. I want to see things the way God intended it to be, and it's not happening for me so far. Oh well, might as well just keep on trying to read the Bible.