Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Placing God First


I thought this was a very interesting quote and picture while looking up on suffering. It reminds me of how no one really has the right to condemn someone for eternal suffering, while assuming such a place does exist. I remember as a kid, one of my close neighbors was just so annoying with me that I ended up condemning him on the spot. He really hurt my feelings and made me angry underneath; later, he did stop being that way, so that's where you learn while being in the heat of the moment, you might not always make the best judgement calls.

The Bible describes God to be an omnipotent, loving, and just spiritual body, which means that from the Lord being eternal and our Creator, only He really has the final say with everything. If Jesus truly was sent down by God as His Son to be also a man and bear so much suffering and die while crucified for the sake of wanting to love us and get us to turn away from our sins, then how truly humble, loving, and merciful can the Lord really be? I would truly like to find favor with God, the one who protected Israel at the time and raised great and wonderful leaders like David and his son, Solomon.