Sunday, December 25, 2011

Laughing at a Good Point

It's really quite easy for me to want to feel frustrated and blame it on others. What if I resonated with this Napoleon complex because I am short indefinitely and caused others to live miserably while I worked so hard to prove a point against them and actually succeeded. Well, for once, no matter how good of an advice or idea I would come up with, people wouldn't want to listen to me because they would just feel so baffled by how I obtain that kind of knowledge. They would probably want to laugh at my shortcomings as well underneath and not spend so much time criticizing my behavior at the same time. After all, if I'm working so hard and driven to surpass them and at the same time I do stuff to push their buttons to ensure everything gets put in order then they're probably going to see it's my personality and accept it.

Therefore, that whole paragraph should mean that it doesn't matter how small or short a person is. It doesn't really matter if people want to marry tall people and just pronounce it to this whole world. I do have some confidence in that at least I carry average appearance or maybe a little better so I'm not bothered. I'm just short and if I just proved that being short doesn't matter then I guess I don't care if others look at me as a baby now for being so small to them. I don't feel offended at all about it anymore and don't even care if it affects me from getting a position. If a company takes a tall person who can't get his ABC's right and I'm right there besides him, what's the point of really caring for some status that is only going to be short-lived anyway.

It's really all about obtaining what we desire, right? If the heart is so set upon getting to its destination and we're doing everything right then what's there to really self-doubt. There's really no need to be frustrated, and we get to stay strong. This type of confidence can't be obtained just from seeking a person's outer appearance- it's something that develops over time and can be found in anybody. I've even heard of tall-loving people falling for a small person or dwarf, so it's actually not that big of a deal. There are bigger worries in life, then just looking at a person's size- we're not cannibalistic, meat cutters so why care how much weight they carry around.