Friday, December 23, 2011

Running Out Of Steam

My mind is just ready to shut down because I know that once I'm finished with reaching this month's goal. I'm going to need to write about thirty-one more posts to finish up the year. I'll be going on a skiing vacation again, so I'm not going to have access to the Internet this time. The most significant thing that I did today was just wake up and do some push ups. It's really funny how the most important thing to me for the whole day only takes like five minutes to accomplish.

I really need to watch myself more carefully and keep the mind from wandering off into a dark path. Maybe things are just getting more laid back for me, and I'm just not being that attentive about it anymore. I guess I'm just moving along and writing about boring stuff over and over again. I guess if I slip I just need to learn to snap out of it and face the consequences and ask the Lord for forgiveness now. Furthermore, I need to learn to not go back into it again. A verse in the Proverbs states that a sinner who goes back to his old habits of sinning is like a dog that returns to its vomit. 

I understand the cycle I'm in and how it's really difficult to snap out of it and push myself into a more likeable transition. Though my flesh is weak, my heart isn't giving up; I'm not losing my faith in what Christ has done just so I could go back into living a pretty ignorant and selfish lifestyle.