Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Countdown to 365

Yeah, at the pace that I'm writing I could be at 365 in no time- that is if my mind doesn't decide to sleep at the desk I'm in. Basically I feel like going out to work out even the outside is considerably cold. I'm just weird like that in that it's not common to wake up early and then go work out. I can only do 40 push ups in two minutes compared to my little sister's 5 push ups. My stats are still pretty horrible, so I have to work on it and am going to do so right now or eventually after finishing writing. I feel like I can almost reach only 60 situps in two minutes and comparing that to the rest of the female population- man, I need to compare myself to other males. Man I suck at doing push ups and sit ups right now and my run time is only 7 minutes a mile right now- I need to cut it down to 6:30 minutes per mile to be considered a dog gone, pretty elite soldier.

I'm waking up thinking about doing physical training. Being at basic combat training in a military installation like Fort Benning has caused me to think about just exercising and longing to be a better marksman. It was fun throwing grenades and ducking to avoid shrapnel- I was told that the safety instructors will utilize beating up a person to bring him or her to safety which is kind of an oxymoron. I will explain- the instructor can pretty much lift up the individual and kick him so he falls to the dirt really battered to avoid shrapnel from a grenade just to save his life. I didn't hear about it happening to any of the 210 soldiers who were with me this time. That's how it's supposed to be, and they keep on telling us, "Don't be that one [bad soldier]."