Monday, September 29, 2014

How It's Coming Along

Trading stocks is very risky business, and I think learning that edge and trying to teach it also becomes a challenge for others to catch onto. I guess being an expert at something and being able to pass on the knowledge to worthy people who get it free while being paid by someone else is great! I'm going to assume that whoever picks up something good from this blog deserves it, so I'm going to open up my analysis and be totally honest about my results. I don't think I'm going to be that good, so I don't expect any good turnout or feedback from me doing my thing on here.

I've had success in the beginning from hiring a trading manager, where I made about $10,000 profit with a starting capital of $2,000. It was not that bad. He then started doing bad, so I bailed. I then tried again with another guy and the same result happened. I did it a third time and so on and it keeps giving me the same result. Therefore, my conclusion is that those professional financial traders are not going to stay that serious and probably become more prideful in their abilities and take bigger risks as they perform better.

I've been working on honing my own skills, so I think the best way to be in this business is to trade your own funds and once you reach a certain number like a $1 million on doing your own trades then you don't really need to rely on anyone else to do the trading for you. It doesn't really hurt to invest in other people's businesses though to make a little extra money for something you have faith in. I guess at the age of 31, I'm starting to trade with an acceptable amount of money to learn to get into the bigger leagues. It's not playing at a $1/$2 blinds in a poker table with a buy-in of about $40-$200 at a time. I think ranging my trades in those areas would give me plenty of room to explore and hone in my own skills.