Sunday, April 8, 2012

Cut And Dry

It's not about cutting wood and then pasting it against a dry wall. Again, I'm just being random here no matter how boring I think it is at the moment. I'm just typing stuff again because I'm trying to catch up while anticipating a long week. I received the message "Cut and dry" from a professor who I thought was a bonehead. Sitting at his comfortable desk and air-conditioned room, he's like I don't care if you have feelings, I'm going to give my comrade a favor and kick you out of my office. That's how life is, sometimes- going to have to live and learn.

Anyway, I think I dug into that professor's head and so he is no longer the head of the department. I guess there was something a part of me I invoked that just helped me through these rough and tough spots I felt I was going through. Only a past few years, I decided to let go of this roller coaster feeling and just see how it's like to go really rock-bottom with my own emotions. It was like about facing my full self which probably scares some guys from getting into. I think women accept whether they're being bad or good and laugh about it regardless. It's the selfish women I want to avoid but nonetheless, the woman you are attracted to has to sometimes be dealt with because the Bible says if you divorce a woman for the wrong reason and then marry another and have kids with her then figuratively speaking, God is going to take like the scarlet letter "A" which represents the word adulterer on His own Book of Life and shove it up the man's heart somewhere it might hurt. What's funny is that it also applies for women too.

Man, I miss some of those girls who smiled at what I was saying when I was beating around the bush. It's like every so often I would say something that would represent absolute fact and then the smile would widen. Cut and dry basically means get to the point. It doesn't mean "Hey, your idiotic e-mail made my stressed out associate mad" which was probably what was going through my old head honcho in college. I even wrote to that old professor who was mad at me from my e-mail and made myself appear stupid and so he was mad at something I wrote which made him depressed. I used that to my advantage in dealing with him. Basically, some people don't know what they're doing when they try to police you around and get all paranoid- that's where the restraining orders can happen and many jokes that arise after.