Sunday, April 15, 2012

Doing What Works

From all this time, what has really worked for me is to try to be funny while being fully honest about everything. It's actually pretty entertaining and helps me a lot with learning the ropes in life. I still have those emotional and negative reactions underneath me, and I'm sometimes tempted to give into it but now I choose to stay relaxed about it and not really mind about all the little things happening around me so that I wouldn't snap.

By sticking to what works, I'm pretty fortunate that when I'm a little off-guard I still to manage to stay on track. It's probably because I let it become a routine for me and might be something I could do mindlessly. The difference between a diligent person versus a lazy person probably is that the diligent person decided to take the initiative to make himself squared away and be consistent at it while the lazy person has the tendency to do it less often.

It's sometimes boring feeling like I'm hibernating in my chambers. It's like I want to break out of the cell and complete an exciting mission. I guess that's where partnering up with someone whose exactly right for me probably comes into play. Having companionship and getting into doing lots of fun activities is the life. It doesn't hurt to have someone decent to look at too every once in awhile. Betty Lam once told me that she felt she was convincingly not that good looking- it's probably because something in her life became like her Achilles' heel and overwhelmed her medically. I personally thought Betty was a pretty friendly and flirtatious person; even though she had some over-the-top remarks when she tried to lead discussions, I think she could be a likable person and look pretty good. That's just me trying to judge her social and physical appearance put together; her personality and upbringing put together in dealing with me might not really be compatible in a more bigger commitment like marriage- there's nothing wrong about this. I still want to claim that I love her as a friend.

In a humorous and slightly solemn way, it seems like Miss Betty Lam or now Mrs. Betty might have disappeared off the face of the Earth with me. Anyhow, she'll always have a warm place in my heart despite her conditional moments where she seemed to be a flamboyant and moody person. The memories will provide some valuable lessons and good moments to recall for me.