Sunday, April 15, 2012

Leading A Strong Life

What makes me want to tear up a little but not really cry like how a guy does it, is recalling the last part of the movie, Saving Private Ryan. The great captain tells Private Ryan to lead a good life as his final words while breaking out with a smile before passing away through his battle wounds. It was the respect the captain had for this unknown and low ranking soldier from fighting by his side and learning that his soldier had great determination and will to carry out an order and bring his battle buddies back home. (Man, that was a long sentence.)

I guess now I lost my train of thought for some time being but I see that's where I took it with the title of my post. How it relates to me is that I desire to live a full life and want to obtain it through being diligent and responsible now. It doesn't relate to any chore anymore, like how it was while growing up. Through aging and continuously making the same stupid mistakes over not managing my time properly, I now see how it's important to have some form of discipline. Furthermore, I still love to have fun but those moments are more heightened when I accomplish something great from being disciplined.

Despite my little sister's nasty pleas against me, I think I can work something out with her now. Basically she thinks it's weird for her relatives to get married and can't vision it happening. What a funny assessment from having some withdrawal periods while growing up. She's no longer little now and is considerably an adult and it's now to the point where her age is at a developed level that our age difference doesn't matter anymore. I'm getting at how I'm looking to get married to a pretty attractive woman who has a great personality. I mean what type of fully grown male wouldn't really want it. I've had to deal with these feelings of inferiority from being physically shorter than most guys, but now that I think of it, if I can make a taller woman feel comfortable about herself and with her around me then it doesn't really matter who I end up being with if I don't mind either. I'm also attracted to women who are smaller than me too, so might as well widen the resources and find the right person for me.

I've been told that I'm pretty handsome. My sister even told me that I'm weird looking but that's probably because she was thinking how she can't vision me being with someone in some degree because I would attract someone. She would stay quiet when I repeatedly badgered her about the same question "Do you think I'm handsome?" I was just messing around with her a little but I would always laugh so hard when I tried to tell her that I think she's pretty because it felt like I was lying to her. It probably didn't affect my sister that much who simply said during the time that I could be a very nice and very mean person sometimes.