Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Clearing the Mind

Martial Arts really tries to teach an invidual to focus on breathing properly and then let go of any distracting thoughts which allows the individual to heavily concentrate all of his physical resources into completing some feat like breaking a brick. I see that this could be a valuable resort for things that just toy with an individual. I, myself, have a black belt in Tae Kwon Do which I achieved when I started in middle school and then reached high school. After receiving one, I became really lazy at doing martial arts which is not really the point intended.

I think I just lacked enough motivation to continue pursuit of it- therefore, I signed up for another one which has been challenging but I learned a lot more in the other one then the three years of shaming for obtaining a black belt. Basically, I wasn't always trying to train at my ideal level because I was just too drained of my energy. Nowadays, I do understand the necessity to rest properly and to fulfill daily responsibilities and be a moral citizen. I was pretty surprised to read in the contract for the other martial arts that if I was to abuse those privileges from the abilities I would obtain through training then I would be kicked out- I guess that's a sign that the martial art I sought after actually works!