Thursday, May 14, 2015

Back To Concentrating

Relying on a person for happiness is only going to bring you down every once in awhile. The focus should be on what I can do first with taking good care of myself, before I willingly put myself out there. There's a saying of "Help yourself, before helping others." I don't really like how that implies a "me first" agenda.

The Bible really talks about surrendering ourselves to God for obtaining all our needs. He should be the one that we go to for taking care of ourselves first. In the book of Romans, Paul describes how  when we came to know Christ and accepted him as our Lord and Savior, we became in a sense baptized spiritually by becoming dead to our sins and waking up again as new creations of God.

This means to me that living life as a Christian, we want to avoid getting into some old habits and continuing some lifestyle that are displeasing to God.