Thursday, May 14, 2015

Leviticus 13:12-14

Leviticus 13:12 doesn't even finish a sentence, so the main part of it is in the next verse. From the same verse, leprosy can affect the body from head to toe. Verse 13 says that if the leprosy on the body has turned fully white, then the person is clean. What makes this interesting is that if I were to pretend having the disease after coloring my whole skin with white pastels, then yeah I wouldn't be isolated or scaring anyone because I would still be considered clean!

Verse 14 states when raw flesh appears on them, then they are unclean! I guess this will take a little bit of research to understand leprosy then. I was reading that leprosy isn't really considered that contagious, which is interesting. This is really confusing me still about the whole being unclean and clean part. Are they healed and then they can become sick again all of a sudden?