Sunday, March 4, 2012

Tough One

I was asked to guard a position from midnight to 6 A.M. After taking a whole day to carouse with some jocular-inducing substances along with a bunch of guys who bought these substances- I myself invested $60 of these stuff. Boy, what a ducey. Staying up for six hours straight when it's time to go to sleepy time was an epic fail for me. Here's why?

I wanted to look professional at all times so I didn't play with my cell phone. Also, I wanted to constantly stay relaxed because it helps me stay up. I was also reading a book while my mind was tired. I was stuck on the first couple sentences and then my mind shut down. I would probably wake up every 15 minutes after, until the guy in charge walked up next to me and asked "Are you all right, partner?" I felt so embarrassed. He told me to go out and get a soda and the other guy next to me was ordered to do the same. We walked out into cold weather of probably about 40 to 45 F with the wind blowing. It was like cold water was rushing through all my body- it felt nice even though it was freezing. The walk to the vending maching woke me up and then going back into the warm ventilated room, it felt good.

This time was my mind was awake for the last one and a half hours and I wasn't going to doze off again. What I missed was, I didn't stand up and walk around while I was extremely drowsy. I kept on trying to read a book that is known for being pretty tough to read in those instances- I was looking at a lot of text. I was reading the Old Testament about Jews reaching their promised land and all of their dry customs they were required to practice. Boy, it was a tough one!