Thursday, March 1, 2012

Strategy In Staying Awake

From having been with only four hours a sleep a night, it was obviously very difficult for me to stay awake for classes. From where I have been, it's not a wonder why I was always up like that- especially with the intensity of not getting much food and also moving around the body really actively to different places. Yeah, I basically lost weight very easily and it was not even fat camp for me!

One day, my body just finally got it together and I managed to stay awake for a very boring six hour class while having barely three and a half hours of sleep. I will share how I did this because this may actually help some people be successful at their career or school if they have those ambitions and have been frustrated like I was in falling asleep.

There's basically one thing- it's to not stress out and force yourself to stay awake. It's pretty much relax while knowing you are in a very sleepy and tired state. It's like don't strain your eyes and relax them while you sit there. Basically, hold it there and not fall asleep. In other words, I like to call this being half asleep. While the brain waves are sending the body a sleep message, your body is actually getting a chance to sleep and nobody ever notices your half-awake because you have your eyes regularly opened. While in this status, it is also possible to continue taking notes and barely be able to participate in a class lecture.

After awhile, when the brain waves keep coming and make you feel tired, if done properly you will feel rejuvenated again and you'll be able to conduct some things while fully awake in the day! It's like feeling that morning stretch after waking up.